At Country Jamboree last month Miss Brianne brought the most amazing bean salad! We literally ate it in one setting. It was A-MAZ-ING! She was kind enough to forward me over the recipe along with the changed she made.
Healthy Garden Salad
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons
grapeseed oilolive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 3 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can chickpeas (Brianne added)
- 2 to 3 cups quinoa cooked (Brianne added)
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil or olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions, black beans, chickpeas, and quinoa. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.
Grab a bag of juanita’s chips and dip if you would like to make this salad
less healthy even more amazing!